Tuesday, March 8, 2011

O took a hammer and made a rather large hole in the living room wall

I decided I needed to learn more about dry wall



Miri told me her boyfriend was really 18 and not 17

I decided that since she was honest that should count for something



A.J. told me today that she had a secret and that her best friend had asthma but said she could tell me

I was flattered that I was seen as a confidant by both girls



My husband worked 32 out of the last 36 hours, but he still took me to dinner tonight

I made up my mind not to complain about being tired for a while



O never ever sits still

I thought about how often I am lazy



Miri stayed up late this week to make me beignets and destroyed the kitchen

I thought about how lucky I was to have a daughter who would cook for me



I was told to be afraid of O and not give my heart so easily

I decided only cowards let fear keep them from loving with reckless abandon



A.J. told me that she is going to pray for God to change things

I was ashamed that an 8 year old had more faith than I did



O's principal told me that honestly she could not tell me if O was being bad because in her eyes he did no wrong

I had confirmation that my son was more loved than even I could see



A.J. makes sure O eats his veggies and put a clothes pin on his nose when he takes his breathing treatments

I am amazed that I have such a caring daughter to make sure her brother takes his medicine right



Miri only asks for something after she has given something in return, for instance a trip to the mall is worth doing chores

I raised a daughter that knows that nothing is free in life



My husband works 2 jobs and 6 days a week

I know that he hates to see me go without anything I want or need



I have a son that hates sitting anywhere unless he is in my lap

I make him feel safe and secure; noting is more flattering than that



I have a family that demands above and beyond from me

They must trust me an awfully lot to expect so much



I have friends that have given more support and love than any family member ever did

I now know that blood means nothing



I lost my temper and yelled at O the other day for being wild,then his lip puckered and he cried, but he forgave me

I know I can't hold grudges anymore



America and Estonia trusted me enough to raise a little boy more precious than any jewel

I must be stronger than I think



I have 4 children

I am richer than Bill Gates



Andy wanted to take me to lunch the other day

Even at 21 he still likes me, and that is so cool



Every day I get the chance to start all over and do a better job

God loves me enough that he never gives up on me

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Shea! I'm in tears.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention what an amazing testiment you are of His love for others, even when they forget.

    ReplyDelete