Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Something I regret

I try to live my life believing that every step has gotten me to where I am today. However, the older I get, the more I realize that my actions have direct consequences and though I have a hard time believing it, they have influence too. My biggest regret in life is that though I believe in God and hope to be worthy of being called a Christian, I have spent the majority of my life not living like one.


My faith is a struggle. Being good is hard for me, and I loose interest easily, not in God or his love, but I have difficulty staying on the straight and narrow. I have a bad temper and only in the recent years have I had the ability to try and think before I react. I'm vengeful, in a not so good way. I'm passive aggressive, so it's my nature to wait maybe even years to get someone back and make sure they never see me coming. I regret those things about me. I am always trying to change and be better. I have faith that one day I can get to where I be and give it all to the man upstairs.

1 comment:

  1. That is a tough one. The good news is that God knows we will never be good enough on our own to get into Heaven. Read Eph 2:8-9. We are saved by trusting in what Jesus did on the cross as enough to pay the penalty for our sins (John 3:16). Our eternal salvation is not based on our good works. Even one sin (and we all sin) is enough to separate us from God (Romans 3:23) So none of us can earn salvation based upon what we do. When we trust that Jesus took our punishment, that He died in our place, He gives us His righteousness. God looks at us and views us as forgiven. After trusting in Jesus, we are then free to serve the Lord out of love for Him. Our lives will change for the better because we will want to please Him--but we cannot achieve perfect sinlessness this side of Heaven. I hope this helps.

    Rachel
    adventuresinthephilippines.blogspot.com
    findingmissingpieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete