Sunday, November 22, 2009

Last night it happened. While I was lying on the couch with A.J., O came over and wanted to cuddle too! He even reached over and gave me a kiss. He is always sweet, but he has never wanted to really be held. He is a big boy, and he wants to let you know it. There is not much babying him that goes on. Still, I did not want to push, so I waited, and he came to me. Last night I knew for sure that everything was going just the way it needed to be. It was such a good day and evening. I have never seen such joy come from a child. The lights brought amazement. He gets so excited that he squeals and hops up and down. Then he giggles until you think he will cry. Pure joy. Everything new makes him so happy. To finish the night, Daddy snuck away and went out to bring back cupcakes and ice cream. I almost cried when he saw the cupcakes. He was so happy he couldn't keep the giggles and laughter in. I hope though I don't paint a perfect picture. We have our meltdowns and sometimes tears, but they fade quickly, and then he flashes that smile, and I know that EVERYTHING is worth it. I know that my son is home, and my family feels complete. I know that we are exactly how we were always meant to be. The little stuff just does not bother me. It all fades away. When I walk into the room and see him and A.J. cuddled up, or him hand in hand with Miranda, it makes my heart feel so good. When Andy came home this morning, hearing O be so surprised and happy just makes everything perfect.








5 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear things are going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how thrilled you must be that he is home for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see his reaction to new things on video lol if you ever have time...?
    so glad things are going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just posted a video on facebook of him with the xmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pics and I am so glad A.J. doesn't have to be disappointed again this year because her little brother is not home. :)

    ReplyDelete