Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sometimes I wonder if I can do anything right. I want to do it all, and I just can't. Andy thinks I am an old fuddy duddy. Yes, that is what I said. He does. Apparently everyone in my life thinks I am too judgmental, too religious, and I'm not any fun. Even perfect O's screeching is giving me headaches. A.J. is super jealous lately and feels like she is not the baby anymore. Miri is just Miri. She is always trying to grow up and not stopping to enjoy being a child. MY spouse, is well my spouse for all intents and purposes. I used to write grand things and letters about him, but one day I woke up and realized my personal relationship was not for public consumption, so you'll probably never see me go there. I will say it would be nice to have a little help every now and then. When I mention that, he offers to hire someone to help with the kids or clean the house. Enough said about that huh?? Sigh. Most of the time I really try and stay optimistic. I really do. Sometimes though, I hit a wall, have a migraine, and then it just feels like it's all too much. Tomorrow everything will be better though. I'll wake up to O's big smile, A.J. will come down and tell me she has brushed her teeth, and Miri will ask for money for something. I'll get a load of laundry done, maybe cook, a meal, the house will be in order, and I will have worked a full work week. That's what makes me happy, running like hell, doing too much, and every once in a while, saving the world before bedtime, my world.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it has been a funky week for you too! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if a 20 year old thinks you are an "old fuddy-duddy" you might be offering some good advice! That's the "mothering role" when the child is that age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are feeling down, my friend. You have a right to feel that way once in a while!
    Hope today is a great one for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tomorrow is another day. thats what I tell the kids when they have a tough day. but I feel your pain. I know the feelings. I try to do it all too. I just cant do ALL the laundry for household of 8, cook, clean, do all the dishes too(and we have no dishwasher), medical appointments, and still take care of disabled children's needs, needs of other children at home, dogs, and cat and have some time for me too. I need help. I have enlisted my family to help me out. its their laundry and dishes and dinner too.

    ReplyDelete